Hi, I’m Mike. I was born and raised in Leawood and have lived throughout Johnson County my entire life. The opportunities this county has afforded me have given me the chance to succeed. We know this is a great place to live, run a business, and raise a family.
None of that happens by accident. I am committed to continuing the tradition of service that has made Johnson County a premier county and am dedicated to working with residents to define our future. Together, we will continue creating a Johnson County we can all be proud of.
Lifetime roots. Executive experience. Innovative leadership.
More about Mike
- I have served as Mayor of Roeland Park since first being elected in November 2017.
- In 2019, I co-founded and currently serve as Chairman of Climate Action KC, a regional leader implementing best practices for reducing emissions, energy efficiency and natural conservation.
- I am Senior Counsel at Husch Blackwell, focusing on real estate, design, and construction litigation.
- I volunteer as an attorney with the Neighborhood Justice Center at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church.
- As a kid, I attended Cure’ of Ars Catholic School where I earned the rank of Eagle Scout with the Boy Scouts of America.
- At Rockhurst High School, I was captain of the football team and was a High School All-America Rugby selection.
- Following family tradition, I attended Kansas State University and graduated with degrees in journalism and political science.
- I earned my law degree from University of Kansas and have passed the bar exam in both Kansas and Missouri.
- My wife Elizabeth and I live in Roeland Park with our dog Margot and wonderful kids, 4-year-old Virginia and 1-year-old George.
Do you like this page?